To clear the extra rush of passengers during the Onam festival season, railways will operate special trains from various parts of the country to Thiruvananthapuram/Kochuveli.
- Train No. 82607 Chennai Egmore – Kochuveli Suvidha special train via Nagercoil will leave Chennai Egmore at 08:20pm on August 24 and 31 and reach Kochuveli at 12.25pm the next day.
- Train No. 06068 Kochuveli – Chennai Egmore special fare special train via Nagercoil will leave Kochuveli at 03:30pm on August 23 and 30 and reach Chennai Egmore at 05.45am the next day.
- Train No. 04426 Hazrat Nizamuddin – Kochuveli special fare special train via Palakkad will leave Hazrat Nizamuddin at 05:55 am on September 2, 9, 16, 23 and 30 and on October 7, 14, 21 and 28. The train will reach Kochuveli Terminal in Thiruvananthapuram at 11:00 am on Mondays.
- Train No. 04425 Kochuveli – Hazrat Nizamuddin special fare special train via Palakkad will leave Kochuveli at 11:00pm on September 4, 11, 18, and 25 and on October 2, 9, 16, 23, and 30. The train will reach Hazrat Nizamuddin at 03:00 am on Thursdays.
- Train No. 06014 Thiruvananthapuram – Chennai Central special fare special train via Palakkad will leave Thiruvananthapuram at 07:00pm on Wednesdays and will reach Chennai central at 11:30am the next day.
- Train No. 06013 Chennai Central – Thiruvananthapuram via Palakkad will leave Chennai Central at 03:15pm on Thursday and will reach Thiruvananthapuram Central at 07:45am the next day.
- Train No. 06011 Thirunelveli – Mangalore Jn special fare special train will leave Thirunelveli at 05:55pm on Thursday and reach Mangalore Jn at 01:00pm the next day.
- Train No. 06012 Mangalore Jn – Thirunelveli will leave Mangalore Jn at 03:40pm on Friday and reach Thirunelveli at 08:35am the next day.
- Train No.07120 Kochuveli – Secunderabad special fare special train via Palakkad will leave Kochuveli at 08:30pm on September 6 and reach Secunderabad at 03.00am September 8.