- A decentralized process to sort solid waste/garbage to reduce inflow into Vilappilsala Solid Waste Management facility of Thiruvananthapuram City
- Residents associations to promote reduction in plastic usage by citizenry
- Mayor says she wants to have a total ban on plastic packaging but is not considered feasible as per few business bodies that participated
- Appartments, hotels, retailers etc needs to implement time-bound waste disposal processes
- Feasibility of biogas plant in houses to be considered
Comment: Without visible (preferably web-based) mile-stone/goal tracking of the progress of each program mentioned above, this meeting can be summarized as “lots of non-flammable biogas packaged in a transparent plastic bag”.
Source: “Mathrubhumi Nagaram” dated 01.10.2011